At WJRNow, we aim to deliver accurate, up-to-date product information and unbiased reviews based on verified consumer experiences. We’ve aggregated thousands of owner and customer experiences from thousands of online sources to generate our data-based reviews of shoes, apparels, accessories, and other products — and we receive new feedback every day. Below is a detailed breakdown of our process for researching products, collecting data, and generating performance ratings.
Our Data Set
We draw on the following general sources to generate our product ratings:
Roughly 35 to 40% of our data is based on consumer experiences and reviews posted in web forums and discussion boards. We conduct an extensive search for each product review by reading legitimate threads within online communities of all sizes, then collect and verify each post to ensure it is valid and relevant to our research.
Retail Product Pages
Roughly 35 to 40% of our data comes from verified customer reviews posted to online product pages. We consider exclusively online retailers such as Amazon.com and Flipkart.com, as well as brick-and-mortar brands that sell health and fitness products and have a strong online presence. We vet each review two times to ensure none of them are fake and that the author has not been compensated (financially or otherwise) for their feedback.
Product Review Websites
Roughly 20 to 30% of our data comes from other product review websites, depending on the specific brand and model. Fake and/or dishonest online review sites are rampant, particularly in the realm of health and fitness products. The owners of these sites often receive compensation for highlighting certain brands and recommending specific models. In order to provide the most accurate information, we avoid sites like these as a rule and narrow our focus on authentic review sites that provide objective, unaffiliated information (such as Consumer Reports). We also vet individual postings on larger review sites to ensure the author has not been compensated for their work or is affiliated with any existing product brands.
Publicly Available Information
We never generate customer or performance ratings based on product descriptions or marketing claims that come directly from product manufacturers or brands. However, most of these companies provide detailed product specifications and company information that we use in our brand and model profiles. These details include:
- Material composition
- Country of manufacture
- Available sizes
- Product availability, including online and brick-and-mortar sellers
- Current price-points for each available size
- Care instructions
- Company history, including years in business and contact information
- Shipping and delivery policies
- Return policies
- Warranty information
What is NOT included in our data set?
We encourage all WJRnow.com visitors to share their stories and experiences with us, and greatly appreciate your feedback. However, we do not incorporate reviews from our users into our rating system.
What Makes Us Unique?
WJRNow.com offers complete coverage for all health and fitness products, from shoes and apparels to cycles, accessories, and other fitness accessories. These products are subject to constant change in terms of pricing, availability, material composition, and other key factors that matter to consumers. Occasionally, we will not collect enough customer data to generate what we consider to be accurate product reviews. However, rest assured that whatever you find on WJRNow is as much as — if not significantly more than — you’ll find elsewhere on the web.
Creating your optimal fitness routine is no easy feat considering the myriad of products that are available today. Shoes, socks, shorts, t-shirts, fitness trackers and other accessories all carry important considerations for any consumer, especially first-time buyers. Our comparison tool is straightforward and easy to use. We also offer an extensive selection of individual brand and model reviews to help you narrow down your choices, as well as research-based guides covering a wide range of health-related topics. To look up a specific topic, use the search tool found in the top right-hand corner.
Data accuracy is one of our highest priorities, and we do everything in our power to ensure the information on our site is correct, up-to-date, and reflective of consumer experiences. For this reason, we have established parameters for our rating process. In order to generate accurate ratings, we do the following:
- We assign each reviewable product a specific baseline for customer experiences and unique sources based on feedback availability. For example, we require at least 60 verified customer experiences from at least four unique sources. Additionally, no individual source makes up more than 50% of the reviews we collect. If we are unable to collect enough consumer feedback, then we will withhold ratings for that brand or product until we have enough data. This information is prominently displayed at the top of each review page. If we have enough data, we will list the total number of verified experiences and unique sources. If we don’t have enough data, then we will state as such.
- We vet each consumer review to ensure it meets our standards for quality. Some reviews do not contain enough information to verify if the author owns the product. In order to be included in our data set, the reviewer must demonstrate that he or she has owned the product for at least two weeks. Additionally, the review must have been published within the last six years. Reviews that do not meet these two criteria points will not be included in the data set.
- We validate customer experience ratings with a full testing team to ensure we provide accurate information.
We’re Unbiased and Unaffiliated
We want to stress this point in great detail, so we’ve created an editorial integrity policy that outlines how we collect information, generate money for the site, and communicate with different companies and brands. Please visit the page to learn the specifics and feel free to reach out if you have any questions.
We’re Here to Help!
Please contact us if you want to learn more about brand and products, health-related topics, or the site itself. A member of our team will promptly respond to make sure all of your questions are answered. Day or night, rain or shine, we are committed to ensuring your experience on Tuck.com is informative and meaningful.
Our Product Rankings, Explained
We rate products on the following criteria:
We keep our ratings system simple and calculate averages using the five-tier system outlined below:
- Poor: 0.0 to 0.99
- Fair: 1.0 to 1.99
- Good: 2.0 to 2.99
- Very Good: 3.0 to 3.99
- Excellent: 4.0 to 4.99
Next, we’ll look at the factors we’ve evaluated in our ratings tables. The following factors are found in the ratings tables for multiple product types.
- Durability: This refers to how long the product maintains structure and provides comfort and support before it begins to deteriorate and develop indentations.
- Product type: Type refers to material composition only. By selecting one of the type options, you will generate a comparison for all products that fit that criteria.
- Price: Our product pages list prices for all sizes and product options. Additionally, our review pages feature a graph comparing that brand/model’s price against industry averages. For comparisons, we use the specific size only. We never use temporary sales or discounts to generate prices but check each review for the most up-to-date discounts before purchasing
Why is this product missing some data/rankings?
On some pages, you will find certain data points have been left blank or listed as not available (N/A). This indicates we do not have enough customer experience data to make an assertion about that particular data point.
Please check back for updates and feel free to contact us if you have additional questions.
Where Should You Start?
We recommend beginning with our guides to product types, brands, and models. This will help you understand what to expect in terms of price-point, quality, and customer experience based on your height, weight, and preferred workout type.
Next, use our comparison engine to narrow down your choices based on type and brand, price, and customer satisfaction rating.
Once you’ve gathered the information you need, we encourage you to visit the product’s official page on the company’s website. If the product you want is exclusively sold in brick-and-mortar stores, make notes about the brands and models that interest you the most before making an in-store visit.
See something inaccurate or that needs to be updated?
Please reach out to us! We’re here at all hours of the day and want to make sure you get the information you need so let us know how we can help.
Got something to share about the content on this page? Please contact WJRNow!